We bumped into Alex Springer in Trafalgar Square while travelling around various bits of London distributing No Gallery Zero. We’d only placed a few pieces and were still eager for any feedback or encouragement on what we were doing.
As luck would have it Alex is also a photographer and was also just setting out on a photography related art project – ‘London Camera Style’ where he spots people in public with interesting cameras and shoots them for his blog.
Matt has a rather nice Leica M6 which caught Alex’s eye so he came up to us and rather nervously asked if he could shoot it. His shot of Matt’s camera (but not face!) and my shoe in the bottom left showed up on his blog here.
And here’s me photo of him taking the picture!
It was great meeting Alex, it made me feel No Gallery is part of a sea of interesting art/photo projects and other people really do care about this stuff.
Leave a comment
What Is This Blog?
News about No Gallery, details of exhibitions etc.
I’m going to try to be as open as possible about the No Gallery process so a lot of work-in-progress will be shown here.
Recent Blog Posts
- How art can define timelessness
- Photos of prints that are photos
- Reading into Paintings, Drawing from Poems
- "Writing about music is like dancing about architecture."
- DIY Art Stands V0
- Interesting Person #1: Alex Springer
- No Gallery Zero: the perfect is the enemy of the good
- Creative control : an oxymoron?
- Post-visualising the Zero exhibit